Road to shut for eight weeks for £100,000 pavement work
- Credit: Google Street View
A Norwich road will be shut for eight weeks, so a worn out pavement can be fixed.
The £100,000 work on Cromwell Road, in Sprowston, is due to start on Monday, May 31.
Cromwell Road will be closed to through traffic for the full eight weeks of work, Norfolk County Council said.
However, access to homes will be maintained.
Short lengths of the pavement will also be closed as the work is done, with a temporary path for pedestrians provided.
You may also want to watch:
The county council has thanked people in advance for their patience while the work is done.
The inbound traffic lane, for vehicles heading towards Tombland,, will be closed for the duration of the works, from 6am on Monday, May 24 until Saturday, July 3.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus