A47 blocked by crash near Norwich
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A crash blocked traffic on the A47 this morning after a car crashed into the central barrier.
The collision happened between Brundall and Postwick, at Cucumber Lane (Broadland roundabout).
UPDATE: Driver dies in crash on A47
The eastbound carriageway was initially blocked, but the A47 is now open.
The exit ramp at the Blofield junction remained closed for longer, but is also now open.
Police were called to the scene around 7:05am.
The fire service was at the scene, with engines from Carrow, Sprowston and Earlham in attendance who aided the ambulance service with casualty care.
Paramedics and the air ambulance were also on the scene.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 4 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 5 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 6 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 9 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47
- 10 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
The incident caused heavy delays, reaching to Blofield on the A47.
Police are urged drivers to avoid the area if possible.
First Buses announced severe delays to their X1 service and will be diverting via Blofield.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.