Thickthorn now clear after crash caused A47 and A11 delays
- Credit: Denise Bradley
The drivers of two cars were involved in a crash at Thickthorn on Tuesday morning.
It happened shortly before 6.30am, at the junction where the A11 and the A47 meet.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said officers were called to the scene at 6.29am.
A white BMW and a white Hyundai were involved, with one driver crashing into the back of the other.
The police spokesperson was unable to confirm which way around it was.
You may also want to watch:
The two cars had been moved into a lay-by as of 6.41am, and recovery was been called to take them away.
Drivers faced at least 10 minute delays to their journeys as traffic built up.
The road is now clear, but the A47 remains busy due to lane closures and roadworks.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
• Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 6 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 7 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 9 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 10 Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years