Carrow Road river bridge to close for urgent repairs
- Credit: Google Streetview
The Carrow Road river bridge is in need of critical repairs after inspections discovered a number of defects.
Both the timber decking road surface and the surfacing on the bridge approaches were found to have faults.
The road will be closed to all vehicles while the work is carried out, and will remain closed after the repairs are completed to allow for the surface to dry and set.
Works will be carried out overnight to minimise disruption.
Road closure times will be from 7pm on September 3 to 7am on September 4, and then again the following night from 7pm on September 4 to 7am on September 5.
You may also want to watch:
A signed diversion will be in place and pedestrian access across the bridge will be maintained at all times.
If the repairs cannot be completed during this period due to poor weather, the road will continue to be closed on the nights of September 10 and 11, between the same hours.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 3 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 4 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 5 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 6 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 9 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
The repairs are estimated to cost £20,000 and will be carried out by Norfolk County Council’s Community and Environmental Services Department.