Man rescued from car trapped in ditch
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Emergency services were called to rescue a man after his vehicle was hanging over a ditch on the edge of Norwich.
Fire crews from Earlham and Sprowston and police were called to Costessey Lane in Ringland shortly after 2pm.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "Officers were called to Costessey Lane following reports that a vehicle was trapped.
"Emergency services attended the scene and the vehicle and driver were rescued. The driver was uninjured."
The fire service said a winch was used to recover the vehicle from the ditch.
You may also want to watch:
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 5 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 9 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey
- 10 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich