Man rescued from car trapped in ditch
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Emergency services were called to rescue a man after his vehicle was hanging over a ditch on the edge of Norwich.
Fire crews from Earlham and Sprowston and police were called to Costessey Lane in Ringland shortly after 2pm.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "Officers were called to Costessey Lane following reports that a vehicle was trapped.
"Emergency services attended the scene and the vehicle and driver were rescued. The driver was uninjured."
The fire service said a winch was used to recover the vehicle from the ditch.
You may also want to watch:
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 9 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 10 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb