Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- Credit: Tom Chapman
Bus operators across Norfolk have been reporting delays due to queues at petrol stations, as fears grew over shortages caused by the national lorry driver crisis.
Despite advice from the government not to panic and for drivers to buy fuel “as normal”, there are growing reports drivers are still queueing to fill up their vehicles.
Some stations across the UK have been forced to close altogether — with BP and Tesco among the worst-hit.
Both First and Konectbus have reported issues on routes close to petrol stations in Watton, Norwich, Dereham and Sprowston.
First Norwich X1 and X11 buses are currently experiencing slight delays.
Konectbus said buses on routes 11, 11B, 4, and Straight8 had been facing delays of between 15 and 20 minutes.
Buses on route 11 are facing delays of around 20 minutes between Watton and Swaffham, while passengers on route 11B can expect delays due to "unusually heavy" traffic around Sprowston Tesco.
- 1 New cocktail bar with a twist opens in Norwich
- 2 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 3 Block of flats for the homeless built in just three days
- 4 Queues at walk-in centre amid jab confusion
- 5 'I want to leave Norwich' - Mum's anger after school attack
- 6 Supermarket scraps car park plan over Riverside traffic fears
- 7 WATCH: See drone footage of new £1.9m recycling centre
- 8 Free Christmas market coming to Norwich pub with 50 stalls
- 9 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 10 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
The operator said: "Please be assured that all buses are running, and our team of 11B drivers are doing their best to get to you."
On route 4, Konectbus services are facing 15 minute delays due to "very heavy" queuing outside the petrol station at Dereham Tesco and blocking roundabouts.
Services are now serving stops in Dereham Tesco car park after they were routed around this morning due to being blocked by car park queues.
Route Straight8 from Toftwood to Dereham town centre will now operate along South Green and Baxter Row.
While bus stops on Yaxham Road and London Road will not be serve due to congestion surrounding the BP petrol station until further notice.