Now that's a wide load! Cabin on back of lorry blocks Norwich ring road
- Credit: NSRAPT
Drivers were urged to avoid using part of the Norwich ring road – because a lorry carrying a wooden cabin was blocking one of its junctions.
Police were called to Mile End Road, between the junctions with the A11 Newmarket Road and Unthank Road, late on Thursday morning.
A large building being carried on the back of a lorry was too wide for the road and became stuck.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team said they were on scene dealing with the lorry shortly after midday.
"Please avoid the area of Mile End Road, Norwich, if at all possible," they told others on social media.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver will be escorted to a suitable location and dealt with for breaching their movement order."
Traffic sensors showed it to be fairly busy in the area, though it had been moved by around 1pm.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 9 Norwich road to close for resurfacing and maintenance
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m