Now that's a wide load! Cabin on back of lorry blocks Norwich ring road
- Credit: NSRAPT
Drivers were urged to avoid using part of the Norwich ring road – because a lorry carrying a wooden cabin was blocking one of its junctions.
Police were called to Mile End Road, between the junctions with the A11 Newmarket Road and Unthank Road, late on Thursday morning.
A large building being carried on the back of a lorry was too wide for the road and became stuck.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team said they were on scene dealing with the lorry shortly after midday.
"Please avoid the area of Mile End Road, Norwich, if at all possible," they told others on social media.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver will be escorted to a suitable location and dealt with for breaching their movement order."
Traffic sensors showed it to be fairly busy in the area, though it had been moved by around 1pm.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 7 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 8 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 9 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 10 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef