Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- Credit: Google Maps
A boy in his late teens has suffered serious leg injuries in a crash involving a bicycle and a car in Norwich.
The collision happened in Mile Cross Lane at about 4pm on Monday, May 16, at the junction with Vulcan Road.
The teenager, who was the rider of the bicycle, was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 4pm yesterday (Monday, May 16) with reports of a road traffic collision on the junction of Weston Road and Mile Cross Lane in Hellesdon.
"An ambulance, rapid response vehicle, and a response vehicle from the East Anglian Air Ambulance were sent to the scene. A teenage boy was transported to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further assessment and treatment.”
A Blue Ford Fiesta and a motorcycle were involved in the crash.
Drivers were urged to avoid the area following the crash with the road blocked for almost three hours which caused delays and long tailbacks in the area.
Police are now appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with dashcam footage to come forward.
- 1 Safety fears raised over roundabout upgrade near A47
- 2 'I'll never go again': Fury over limit on Elton John carer tickets
- 3 Warning to keep dogs out of stagnant 'vinegar pond' in city park
- 4 Enjoy afternoon tea on Sundays at Norwich's Plantation Garden
- 5 Bike shop announced closure and will raffle off £22k of stock
- 6 Jam-packed programme announced for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 7 Two park and ride routes in Norwich get new operator
- 8 Sadness as long-serving horse riding business announces closure
- 9 Can you spot yourself at sold-out Kisstory event in Chapelfield Gardens?
- 10 Norwich restaurant loved by celebs overhauls menu for summer
Anyone with information should contact PC Martin Goulder at Norfolk Police on 101 quoting NC-16052022-267.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.