Roof cut off taxi to release people after A140 crash with lorry
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Rescuers cut off the roof of a taxi to release people stuck inside after it was involved in a crash with a lorry.
Police confirmed a taxi and a lorry were involved in the crash on the A140 on Tuesday morning.
Part of the road is currently closed in both directions at Aylsham.
A police spokesperson said: "One of the occupants of the taxi is being treated by ambulance."
Fire crews from North Walsham, Aylsham and Carrow were also called to the scene, where they used hydraulic equipment to rescue people from the taxi.
You may also want to watch:
Road diversions are in place close to the Banningham turn-off, police said.
"Drive with care and seek alternative routes," the force added on Twitter.
- 1 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 8 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 9 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 10 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
Emergency services continue to deal with the incident.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.