Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- Credit: Submitted
Drivers on the A47 faced lengthy delays near Norwich this morning, with one lane closed for roadworks.
Roadworks began this week on the Norwich Southern Bypass between Postwick and Trowse.
A combination of the works and rush hour traffic contributed to delays of 10 minutes and more before 9am on Thursday, with traffic at a standstill in places.
Drivers were advised to give themselves extra time to complete their journeys, or avoid the area if possible.
Elsewhere in Norwich, traffic was queueing on the A11 Newmarket Road, mostly at the junction with the Norwich ring road.
You may also want to watch:
And traffic was also reportedly slow on Dereham Road in Costessey.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 4 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 9 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week