Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- Credit: Submitted
Drivers on the A47 faced lengthy delays near Norwich this morning, with one lane closed for roadworks.
Roadworks began this week on the Norwich Southern Bypass between Postwick and Trowse.
A combination of the works and rush hour traffic contributed to delays of 10 minutes and more before 9am on Thursday, with traffic at a standstill in places.
Drivers were advised to give themselves extra time to complete their journeys, or avoid the area if possible.
Elsewhere in Norwich, traffic was queueing on the A11 Newmarket Road, mostly at the junction with the Norwich ring road.
You may also want to watch:
And traffic was also reportedly slow on Dereham Road in Costessey.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 Power cut fix delayed due to tree branch stuck in overhead lines
- 10 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients