Stretch of A47 closes until October for repairs
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A portion of the A47 will be closed for over three weeks.
Between September 13 and October 5, both carriageways of the road will be closed between Acle and Blofield for five miles of carriageway resurfacing.
The roadworks will happen between 8pm and 6am, to reduce disruption.
The closure may extend beyond October, but this is yet to be confirmed.
Between September 15 and September 24, the road will be closed between Acle and the Vauxhall roundabout in Yarmouth for eight miles. Again, this will include both carriageways closing for repairs.
You may also want to watch:
These will take place between 9pm and 6am.
There is a diversion in place, though this takes drivers on a almost 50 mile route through Gilllingham.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 7 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 10 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
The roadworks will be on weekdays only.
Buses using the A47, including the Coastlink services, will be on diversions.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.