A47 closed after spillage on road
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Drivers are being asked to avoid the A47 near Colney due to a spillage on the road.
The westbound lane towards Dereham has been closed between the Thickthorn roundabout and Watton Road.
This is due to a spillage on the surface on the road.
It is not yet clear what led to the spillage.
Emergency services are currently on the scene.
Traffic appears to be moving normally though small queues are forming.
Police have recommended drivers find an alternative route.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 4 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 5 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 6 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 7 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 8 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 9 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 10 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69