Van driver arrested after serious crash on A47
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Three people have been taken to hospital and a man has been arrested following a serious crash on the A47.
Two vehicles collided on the outskirts of Norwich in Postwick at about 12.10pm on Thursday.
A white Ford Transit van was travelling in the wrong direction on the westbound carriageway at the time of the collision.
The van overturned and the driver has since been arrested.
Fire crews from Acle, Great Yarmouth, Carrow and Earlham attended and released people from the vehicles.
The A47 was closed in both directions until 12.55pm when the eastbound carriageway reopened.
The westbound carriageway remained closed until 4.04pm.
- 1 Who's the celeb making a splash in Norwich?
- 2 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 3 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 4 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 5 Boatyard in 'prime position' in Norfolk Broads goes up for auction
- 6 Police hunt wanted man in Norwich
- 7 National shoe chain returning to city centre with new 'concept' store
- 8 Richard Osman visits city shop while filming for BBC show
- 9 'Really frightening': Parents keeping kids off streets after woman stabbed
- 10 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
There was heavy congestion following the crash and police warned people to avoid the area.
Dave Peters was driving on the opposite lane of the A47 when he saw the van.
He said: “I saw this cloud of dust and it wasn’t until I got closer that I could see it driving in the fast lane in and out of traffic.
"I couldn’t believe it, he was going very fast."