A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- Credit: Denise Bradley
The Acle Straight has reopened after a crash blocked part of the road earlier this evening.
Drivers were diverted around Halvergate after the collision between A1064 Acle roundabout and Branch Road junction for Halvergate.
Just before 5.30pm on Thursday, April 22, Norfolk Police tweeted: "RTC A47 Acle Straight - Great Yarmouth bound carriageway is closed - diverting through Halvergate - please avoid the area."
At around 8pm the police tweeted the road had reopened.
One fire crew from Great Yarmouth was called to support the police just after 5pm.
A report on the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service log said the team had made the area safe after an road traffic collision on the Acle Straight and used granules to absorb fuel which had leaked onto the road.
The crew left the scene at 5.45pm.
- 1 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
- 4 Weekend of two halves - city pubs packed on Sunday after Saturday washout
- 5 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 6 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 7 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 10 Norwich City Council Elections 2021 - Labour keep control of City Hall
It is not known if anyone was injured in the crash.
For traffic updates visit the EDP live traffic map.