Drivers urged to avoid busy city road due to flooding
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2022
A main road in Norwich has been closed due to flooding.
Police are asking drivers to avoid Sweet Briar Road in Norwich due to the flood water.
Officers on scene believe it is due to a burst water main.
Homes in the city and surrounding areas are also facing a loss of water today (February 17).
Drivers are asked to find an alternative route through the area.
Road closures are currently in place along Sweet Briar Road, Marl Pit Lane and Marriott’s Way.
Traffic is reportedly building in the area with queues on Sweet Briar Road, Waterworks Road and Dereham Road.
- 1 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 2 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 3 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 4 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 5 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 6 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 7 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
Marl Pit Lane, Hellesdon Road, Drayton Road, Hellesdon Hall Road, the A1024, and the A1067 are also affected.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.