14-weeks of roadworks set to begin on busy road near Norwich
- Credit: Evening News © 2009
Fourteen weeks of roadworks are set to begin today on a busy road near Norwich as Anglian Water installs 2.7km of pipeline.
The firm will be installing the second phase of a new water main in Bowthorpe at the cost of £1.6m.
The work will connect Colney and Bowthorpe Water Towers, to provide a water supply for any future developments.
Traffic lights will be in place on Three Score Road and Chapel Break Road for the 14 weeks and work will also take place on Barnard Road for seven weeks from Wednesday, November 14.
Rolling road works will be in place during these works, meaning work will only be carried out on short sections of the road at a time.
You may also want to watch:
Regan Harris, Anglian Water spokesperson, said: 'Norwich is one of the UK's fastest growing cities with a thriving economy, so it's essential that our network can meet the demands of a growing population, is resilient for the future, and allows us to move water around easily.
Working hours will be between Monday and Friday, with occasional weekend work if required, to get the work completed as soon as possible.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 8 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
'We are sorry for any inconvenience these works may cause and we will do our best to minimise disruption wherever possible.
'We would also like to thank our customers for their patience and co-operation whilst these essential works are completed.'
Anglian Water has already installed 600m of the new water main on Three Score Road as part of the scheme between April and July this year.
The overall project is expected to be completed in April 2019.