14-weeks of roadworks set to begin on busy road near Norwich
- Credit: Evening News © 2009
Fourteen weeks of roadworks are set to begin today on a busy road near Norwich as Anglian Water installs 2.7km of pipeline.
The firm will be installing the second phase of a new water main in Bowthorpe at the cost of £1.6m.
The work will connect Colney and Bowthorpe Water Towers, to provide a water supply for any future developments.
Traffic lights will be in place on Three Score Road and Chapel Break Road for the 14 weeks and work will also take place on Barnard Road for seven weeks from Wednesday, November 14.
Rolling road works will be in place during these works, meaning work will only be carried out on short sections of the road at a time.
You may also want to watch:
Regan Harris, Anglian Water spokesperson, said: 'Norwich is one of the UK's fastest growing cities with a thriving economy, so it's essential that our network can meet the demands of a growing population, is resilient for the future, and allows us to move water around easily.
Working hours will be between Monday and Friday, with occasional weekend work if required, to get the work completed as soon as possible.
- 1 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 2 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 6 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 7 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 8 'Look twice' - Biker's plea after breaking both legs in head-on crash
- 9 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
'We are sorry for any inconvenience these works may cause and we will do our best to minimise disruption wherever possible.
'We would also like to thank our customers for their patience and co-operation whilst these essential works are completed.'
Anglian Water has already installed 600m of the new water main on Three Score Road as part of the scheme between April and July this year.
The overall project is expected to be completed in April 2019.