Traffic chaos warning on key Norfolk route
Traffic chaos is expected as one of Norfolk's main roads closes during a June weekend.People travelling to and from the west will see delays as resurfacing and waterproofing work is carried out on the A47 southern bypass, between the Saddlebow and the Pullover roundabouts.
Traffic chaos is expected as one of Norfolk's main roads closes during a June weekend.
People travelling to and from the west will see delays as resurfacing and waterproofing work is carried out on the A47 southern bypass, between the Saddlebow and the Pullover roundabouts.
Drivers will be diverted eight miles around King's Lynn when the Southgates roundabout is closed for 36 hours from the evening of Saturday, June 19.
Work to both roads must be done in the summer months because of the need for dry weather.
You may also want to watch:
At a meeting held by Norfolk County Council for business leaders yesterday, stakeholders welcomed the plans to resurface the Southgates all in one go.
But Ben Colson, managing director of the Norfolk Green bus company, said he thought the Highways Agency had not taken into account the amount of traffic using the A47 during June.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 5 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 6 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 7 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 8 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 9 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material
- 10 21 bins left on street sparks debate on keeping pavements clear
Under the plans for the Southgates the road will closed on the evening of Saturday, June 19, at 6pm and it will reopen at 7am on Monday, June 21.
The A47 Southern Bypass will also have a 50mph speed limit between June and August while repairs are made to the bridge over the River Great Ouse.