Toyah review: It’s a mystery how Echo Beach singer looks so great at 60
- Credit: Lee Blanchflower
You could hear the gasps around Earlham Park when Toyah broke the news to the Let's Rock audience that she had turned 60 last week.
No way! That was the general reaction from the huge crowd as they watched the punk rock/punk pop:New Romantic star bounce around the stage like a teenager in her retro sparkly aqua marine dress with huge silver necklace.
She kicked off with Good Morning Universe and ran smoothly into Echo Beach.
Her energy was amazing - her charisma was boundless.
She kept telling the crowd they weren't born when she smashed the charts.
You may also want to watch:
Toyah clearly didn't look closely enough....!
Well I was at middle school when It's A Mystery and I Want To Be Free came out.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
And I have to say Toyah is as good a performer as she was back in the early 80s.