Tories feeling blue over poster thefts
Ian ClarkeThieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.Ian Clarke
Thieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.
A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.
Mr Freeman said: 'It's rather a sad end to what I've been trying to make a positive and inspiring festival of ideas and policies to promote our area. It has been sadly hit by a lack of serious opposition from the main parties, utter disillusionment caused by the expenses and 'ministers for hire like cabs' sagas and negative campaigning and poster vandalism. I'd rather the posters were creatively defaced than stolen.'
He said he had knocked on over 16,000 doors across the four towns and 110 villages of Mid Norfolk during the campaign.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 3 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 4 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 5 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
- 6 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 7 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 8 Bottomless brunch with 90s act, fried chicken and cocktails heading to city
- 9 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road
- 10 Five street food vendors doing residencies in Norwich pubs