Tories feeling blue over poster thefts
Ian ClarkeThieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.Ian Clarke
Thieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.
A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.
Mr Freeman said: 'It's rather a sad end to what I've been trying to make a positive and inspiring festival of ideas and policies to promote our area. It has been sadly hit by a lack of serious opposition from the main parties, utter disillusionment caused by the expenses and 'ministers for hire like cabs' sagas and negative campaigning and poster vandalism. I'd rather the posters were creatively defaced than stolen.'
He said he had knocked on over 16,000 doors across the four towns and 110 villages of Mid Norfolk during the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 2 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 3 City sees jobs bonanza – so why are job centres overflowing?
- 4 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 7 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 8 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 9 Kiefer Sutherland announces UEA show
- 10 City handymen on which DIY jobs you really SHOULDN'T try at home