Tories feeling blue over poster thefts
Ian ClarkeThieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.Ian Clarke
Thieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.
A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.
Mr Freeman said: 'It's rather a sad end to what I've been trying to make a positive and inspiring festival of ideas and policies to promote our area. It has been sadly hit by a lack of serious opposition from the main parties, utter disillusionment caused by the expenses and 'ministers for hire like cabs' sagas and negative campaigning and poster vandalism. I'd rather the posters were creatively defaced than stolen.'
He said he had knocked on over 16,000 doors across the four towns and 110 villages of Mid Norfolk during the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months