Tories feeling blue over poster thefts
Ian ClarkeThieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.Ian Clarke
Thieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.
A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.
Mr Freeman said: 'It's rather a sad end to what I've been trying to make a positive and inspiring festival of ideas and policies to promote our area. It has been sadly hit by a lack of serious opposition from the main parties, utter disillusionment caused by the expenses and 'ministers for hire like cabs' sagas and negative campaigning and poster vandalism. I'd rather the posters were creatively defaced than stolen.'
He said he had knocked on over 16,000 doors across the four towns and 110 villages of Mid Norfolk during the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Aldi approved - but who will build pedestrian crossing?
- 2 Prison staff should have performed CPR on paedophile teacher, report finds
- 3 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 5 Homes in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew may have no water
- 6 Sold out start for Norwich's Junkyard Market ahead of expansion across UK
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 RAC apologises to woman and autistic son for 'abandoning' them
- 9 Photographs show the sorry state of Anglia Square's buildings
- 10 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel