Tories feel the blues over thefts
Ian ClarkeThieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.Ian Clarke
Thieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.
A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.
Mr Freeman said: 'It's rather a sad end to what I've been trying to make a positive and inspiring festival of ideas and policies to promote our area. It has been sadly hit by a lack of serious opposition from the main parties, utter disillusionment caused by the expenses and 'ministers for hire like cabs' sagas and negative campaigning and poster vandalism. I'd rather the posters were creatively defaced than stolen.'
He said he had knocked on over 16,000 doors across the four towns and 110 villages of Mid Norfolk during the campaign.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 3 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 4 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 5 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 6 Huge food festival with Liberty X and S Club All Stars heading to Norwich
- 7 'Such a shame': Independent card shop announces closure with sale
- 8 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
- 9 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 10 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road