Tories feel the blues over thefts
Ian ClarkeThieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.Ian Clarke
Thieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.
A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.
Mr Freeman said: 'It's rather a sad end to what I've been trying to make a positive and inspiring festival of ideas and policies to promote our area. It has been sadly hit by a lack of serious opposition from the main parties, utter disillusionment caused by the expenses and 'ministers for hire like cabs' sagas and negative campaigning and poster vandalism. I'd rather the posters were creatively defaced than stolen.'
He said he had knocked on over 16,000 doors across the four towns and 110 villages of Mid Norfolk during the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 4 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 5 Major city employer gives thousands of staff extra day of leave
- 6 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 7 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 8 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree