Tories feel the blues over thefts
Ian ClarkeThieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.Ian Clarke
Thieves have stolen 20 election posters and posts put up to promote Mid Norfolk Conservative candidate George Freeman.
A total of 60 were put up around the boundary of the new look constituency and a third of them have been taken, including all of the ones between Wicklewood and Wymondham.
Mr Freeman said: 'It's rather a sad end to what I've been trying to make a positive and inspiring festival of ideas and policies to promote our area. It has been sadly hit by a lack of serious opposition from the main parties, utter disillusionment caused by the expenses and 'ministers for hire like cabs' sagas and negative campaigning and poster vandalism. I'd rather the posters were creatively defaced than stolen.'
He said he had knocked on over 16,000 doors across the four towns and 110 villages of Mid Norfolk during the campaign.
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 4 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 8 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 9 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
- 10 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS