Top gymnast to help Norfolk kids get active
Stephen PullingerBritish number one rhythmic gymnast Francesca Jones and junior champion Keziah Gore will be at Haven's Caister holiday park, near Great Yarmouth, on Wednesday, April 21, to give demonstrations during a break aimed at encouraging youngsters to get active.Stephen Pullinger
British number one rhythmic gymnast Francesca Jones and junior champion Keziah Gore will be at Haven's Caister holiday park, near Great Yarmouth, on Wednesday, April 21, to give demonstrations during a break aimed at encouraging youngsters to get active.
The break includes a wide range of fun activities for little ones including wake and shake exercise sessions, a Sporty Rory sports day, a water confidence session and a Letterland treasure hunt.
The demonstrations by the champion gymnasts will be in front of holidaymakers and a number of local gym clubs and pre-school groups who have been invited along for the event.
The break is part of a new initiative by Haven, which involves giving away free sports equipment to nurseries and playgroups in England, Scotland and Wales.
You may also want to watch:
The Fun and Fitness scheme is run via a website www.havenfunfitness.com , with parents of children at nurseries or playgroups that have registered to take part having a fortnight left to show their support by clicking on the website so their child's pre-school group can receive up to �250 of free equipment.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 3 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Picture quiz: How much do you know about Norwich clocks?
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk