Top gymnast to help Norfolk kids get active
Stephen PullingerBritish number one rhythmic gymnast Francesca Jones and junior champion Keziah Gore will be at Haven's Caister holiday park, near Great Yarmouth, on Wednesday, April 21, to give demonstrations during a break aimed at encouraging youngsters to get active.Stephen Pullinger
British number one rhythmic gymnast Francesca Jones and junior champion Keziah Gore will be at Haven's Caister holiday park, near Great Yarmouth, on Wednesday, April 21, to give demonstrations during a break aimed at encouraging youngsters to get active.
The break includes a wide range of fun activities for little ones including wake and shake exercise sessions, a Sporty Rory sports day, a water confidence session and a Letterland treasure hunt.
The demonstrations by the champion gymnasts will be in front of holidaymakers and a number of local gym clubs and pre-school groups who have been invited along for the event.
The break is part of a new initiative by Haven, which involves giving away free sports equipment to nurseries and playgroups in England, Scotland and Wales.
You may also want to watch:
The Fun and Fitness scheme is run via a website www.havenfunfitness.com , with parents of children at nurseries or playgroups that have registered to take part having a fortnight left to show their support by clicking on the website so their child's pre-school group can receive up to �250 of free equipment.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 9 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 10 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant