Top flight heavyweights clash for first time
Milton LindsayThis Sunday the spotlight falls on the teams battling it out in the quarter-finals of both the League Cup and Shield competitions. Also the semi-finals of the inaugural Norfolk FA Veterans cup are being staged.Milton Lindsay
This Sunday the spotlight falls on the teams battling it out in the quarter-finals of both the League Cup and Shield competitions. Also the semi-finals of the inaugural Norfolk FA Veterans cup are being staged.
Two undefeated heavywights from the Premier Division - namely Kirkley & Pakefield and Bungay Town will fight it out for a place in the League Cup semi-finals at Walmer Road. These teams have yet to meet in the league this season and a close game is expected. Kirkley's top scorer Ian Wilson with 11 to his name will be keen to add to his tally.
Another two Premier Division sides Poringland Wanderers and Eastern Electricity Old Boys clash at Poringland. Although the hosts lost heavily away to their opponents a few weeks ago they will fancy revenge at home.
In the Shield Harleston Old Boys and Mulbarton Wanderers meet at the South Norfolk venue. The visitors, who are joint-leaders of DivisionThree must start as favourites over the hosts who in their first season are mid-table in Division Four.
You may also want to watch:
A re-arranged postponed Shield tie left over from the previous round takes place at Sprowston between the Wanderers and Spixworth United. The hosts head Division Four in their first season of Veterans football whilst their City rivals hold a mid-table position two divisions above them. A visit to Horsford awaits the winners in the quarter-finals. In the semi-finals of the Norfolk FA Veterans Cup, Third Division Aylsham Black Boys who are mid-table in Division Three entertain favourites Norwich Trafford who head the First Division. In the other tie there is an all-City clash with Division Two club Beehive hosting Griffin who currently occupy top spot in Division Two.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 6 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident