Man died by suicide two days before Christmas, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A man died by suicide two days before Christmas, an inquest into his death has heard.
Tommy McInerney, 28, was found on December 23 last year in the garden of the house at Wilberforce Road in Norwich that he had shared with his partner Kelly, with whom he had a two-year-old daughter.
His partner told an inquest into his death, which was held at Norfolk Coroner’s Court in Norwich, that he had mentioned feeling suicidal in the past.
She said their property had also suffered vandalism and were waiting to be rehoused.
"My opinion is that things got too much for him," she added.
Mr McInerney had been arrested on December 21 while drunk following a disturbance but at the time of his death no alcohol or drugs were found in his system, the inquest heard.
Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk, recorded a conclusion of suicide.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 3 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 4 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 5 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 6 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 9 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 10 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city