Man died by suicide two days before Christmas, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A man died by suicide two days before Christmas, an inquest into his death has heard.
Tommy McInerney, 28, was found on December 23 last year in the garden of the house at Wilberforce Road in Norwich that he had shared with his partner Kelly, with whom he had a two-year-old daughter.
His partner told an inquest into his death, which was held at Norfolk Coroner’s Court in Norwich, that he had mentioned feeling suicidal in the past.
She said their property had also suffered vandalism and were waiting to be rehoused.
"My opinion is that things got too much for him," she added.
Mr McInerney had been arrested on December 21 while drunk following a disturbance but at the time of his death no alcohol or drugs were found in his system, the inquest heard.
Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk, recorded a conclusion of suicide.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 5 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 8 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 9 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 10 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month