Tombland in historic Norwich goes from strength to strength
One of Norwich's most historic areas is going from strength to strength with two new businesses set to open soon and a planned pub reopening.
Bam Bam, a new pan-Asian restaurant and boutique bar, opens tomorrow at the former Reeds restaurant in Tombland, while Prezzo is soon opening at the former Caffe Uno restaurant, also in Tombland.
Meanwhile, the nearby Edith Cavell pub is set to reopen in the next few weeks.
Bam Bam is part of a group of restaurants headed up by Sarah Jane Roberts, which also includes Farmer Browns, also in Tombland, The Mulberry, Beluga, Karma Kafe, The Langtry, The Woolie and The Buck Inn. She said: 'Tombland has always been the heart of hospitality in the city.'
Farmer Browns has also just received the two star AA rosette award, she added.
You may also want to watch:
The Edith Cavell is owned by Enterprise Inns whose spokesman said: 'We are still in negotiations with the new publican but we still plan to reopen the pub as soon as possible.'
The Edth Cavell closed its doors earlier this year and has undergone a high quality refurbishment. The sign on the front of the pub now says Cavell's, retaining its links with Norfolk's famous war heroine Edith Cavell.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 3 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 4 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 5 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 9 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
Are you opening a new restaurant in Norwich? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.