Time to hunt out those old films of the Norfolk music makers
Film of the legends of the Norfolk music scene over the last half a century - from Garry Freeman to Cord and from Black Anna to Magoo - are wanted for a special film show in Norwich.
Musicians from Norwich and Norfolk over the past half century will be the stars of a film show in the city later in the year – and perhaps you can help.
The search is now on for any film featuring our music makers which can become part of this special tribute.
From the 1950s through to the 1990s we have been entertained by a whole host of talented men and women, solo artists and groups, who have all left their mark.
From Albert Cooper to Cord and from Garry Freeman & The Contours to Magoo – they are all Norfolk musicians worth celebrating and remembering.
You may also want to watch:
The BBC Music Video Festival is the UK's only dedicated music video festival. It takes place every year in Fusion at The Forum as well as on 20 Big Screens across the UK.
It showcases the best in new and emerging music acts and video producers, as well as some more established artists. Going for four years it has gained an international reputation, receiving entries from around the world.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
This year's festival in September will be bigger and better then ever and for the first week, September 3-8, the organisers want to showcase Norfolk's musical heritage.
That's where you come in.
The organisers know there is plenty of footage knocking about of bands and artists performing over the years, but now they would love to see and hear it.
And they are talking about everybody who has left their mark on Norfolk's musical map in the 1950s, 60s, 70, 80s and into the 90s. All kinds of music.
Has anyone got any film of the one and only Back Anna, our queen of the blues, singing her heart out at The Jolly Butchers, or 60s favourites such as The Continentials, Barry Lee & the Planets or Mervyn & the Starbeats? Moving on a decade, how about the Higsons or The Farmer's Boys?
If you can help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Norwich (01603) 284337 giving details of what you have, the year it was filmed, how long it lasts and the format the film is in and they will get straight back to you.