Time running out to choose your favourite Norfolk picnic site
Sarah BrealeyPicnic lovers have only a few days left to vote for their favourite Norfolk best beauty spots.Sarah Brealey
Picnic lovers have only a few days left to vote for their favourite Norfolk best beauty spots.
Holkham Beach and Hickling Broad are in the running for the Warburtons East Anglia Picnic Awards 2010.
Holkham has been shortlisted in the regional awards for the past two years and was the regional winner two years ago. Hickling is on the shortlist for the second time, while Brandon Country Park near Thetford is another of the 10 sites on the regional shortlist.
Rebecca Worsfold from the Norfolk Wildlife Trust, which looks after Hickling Broad, said: 'It would be fantastic to win the contest. East Anglia is full of great picnicking spots and we are very proud to have been shortlisted for the award, with enough votes we could win the award and be in with a shot of becoming Britain's best picnic site.
You may also want to watch:
'It would be great for the site and hopefully help boost tourism in the area as well, with people visiting from all over to see the region's top picnic spot.'
The East Anglia winner will receive �500 to go towards the upkeep of the site and go head to head with other regional winners to be crowned Britain's Best Picnic Site. A further cheque for �1,000 will be awarded to the nation's favourite picnic site.
- 1 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 2 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
- 7 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
- 8 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 9 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 10 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
The closing date for voting for the regional round is Friday with the regional winner being announced during National Bread Week in the week of May 3.
You can vote by logging onto www.welovebread.co.uk, where there is also the chance of winning a year's supply of bread.