Time running out to choose your favourite Norfolk picnic site
Sarah BrealeyPicnic lovers have only a few days left to vote for their favourite Norfolk best beauty spots.Sarah Brealey
Picnic lovers have only a few days left to vote for their favourite Norfolk best beauty spots.
Holkham Beach and Hickling Broad are in the running for the Warburtons East Anglia Picnic Awards 2010.
Holkham has been shortlisted in the regional awards for the past two years and was the regional winner two years ago. Hickling is on the shortlist for the second time, while Brandon Country Park near Thetford is another of the 10 sites on the regional shortlist.
Rebecca Worsfold from the Norfolk Wildlife Trust, which looks after Hickling Broad, said: 'It would be fantastic to win the contest. East Anglia is full of great picnicking spots and we are very proud to have been shortlisted for the award, with enough votes we could win the award and be in with a shot of becoming Britain's best picnic site.
'It would be great for the site and hopefully help boost tourism in the area as well, with people visiting from all over to see the region's top picnic spot.'
The East Anglia winner will receive �500 to go towards the upkeep of the site and go head to head with other regional winners to be crowned Britain's Best Picnic Site. A further cheque for �1,000 will be awarded to the nation's favourite picnic site.
- 1 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 2 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 3 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 4 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 5 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 6 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 7 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
- 10 Missing Taverham man found safe and well
The closing date for voting for the regional round is Friday with the regional winner being announced during National Bread Week in the week of May 3.
You can vote by logging onto www.welovebread.co.uk, where there is also the chance of winning a year's supply of bread.