Tickets go on sale for Evening News’s night of song and seasonal joy
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Carols, candlelight and Christmas spirit will fill a historic city centre church when the Evening News Carols for Christmas event returns for another year.
The night of song and seasonal joy will this year take place at St Peter Mancroft Church, in Norwich, on Tuesday, December 13, and tickets for the event are now on sale.
The beautiful medieval church will be filled with candles for the occasion and the programme will feature traditional carols and readings. As in previous years, the service will be raising funds for the Mancroft Advice Project (MAP), a charity which offers support and advice to young people to help them find their way in the world.
Evening News editor David Powles said: 'Every year scores of people have a wonderful evening at our carol concert and it's always a sign that the festive period is well under way.
'It's one of the highlights of the Christmas calendar and raises lots of money for a vitally important charity.
'I hope anyone who is able to attend gets fully behind it.'
Doors will open at 5pm and the service will begin at
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 3 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 4 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 5 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 6 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 7 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 10 Former Norfolk teacher finds success with hit pottery business
6pm. Seating will be on a first-come first-served basis.
For more information about the Mancroft Advice Project, visit www.map.uk.net.
Tickets to the event cost £5 per person and are now available. They can be bought byvisiting the Norwich Evening News front office at Prospect House, Rouen Road.
Or by post (to Evening News Carols for Christmas, Front Office, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE) with a cheque made payable to Archant Community Media Limited.
Remember to include a stamped addressed envelope for the return of tickets, as well as your name, address and a telephone number or email address.
You can also buy tickets online at online by clicking here or by calling 01603 628311 (a fee of £1 will be charged for postage and packing).
All proceeds will go towards the Mancroft Advice Project.