Tickets go on sale for Evening News’s night of song and seasonal joy
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Carols, candlelight and Christmas spirit will fill a historic city centre church when the Evening News Carols for Christmas event returns for another year.
The night of song and seasonal joy will this year take place at St Peter Mancroft Church, in Norwich, on Tuesday, December 13, and tickets for the event are now on sale.
The beautiful medieval church will be filled with candles for the occasion and the programme will feature traditional carols and readings. As in previous years, the service will be raising funds for the Mancroft Advice Project (MAP), a charity which offers support and advice to young people to help them find their way in the world.
Evening News editor David Powles said: 'Every year scores of people have a wonderful evening at our carol concert and it's always a sign that the festive period is well under way.
'It's one of the highlights of the Christmas calendar and raises lots of money for a vitally important charity.
You may also want to watch:
'I hope anyone who is able to attend gets fully behind it.'
Doors will open at 5pm and the service will begin at
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
6pm. Seating will be on a first-come first-served basis.
For more information about the Mancroft Advice Project, visit www.map.uk.net.
Tickets to the event cost £5 per person and are now available. They can be bought byvisiting the Norwich Evening News front office at Prospect House, Rouen Road.
Or by post (to Evening News Carols for Christmas, Front Office, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE) with a cheque made payable to Archant Community Media Limited.
Remember to include a stamped addressed envelope for the return of tickets, as well as your name, address and a telephone number or email address.
You can also buy tickets online at online by clicking here or by calling 01603 628311 (a fee of £1 will be charged for postage and packing).
All proceeds will go towards the Mancroft Advice Project.