What are the new restaurants coming to Castle Mall this autumn?
- Credit: Archant
Castle Mall's £3m redevelopment is bringing three new restaurants to Norwich, but what are they?
Veeno, Bourgee and Babel will be joining the shopping centre's Timberhill Terrace by autumn, as part of a new chapter for the mall.
They will sit alongside Mexican restaurant Cocina, which has been the only restaurant open in the revamped section.
The centre has had a difficult few months after losing major shops such as Argos, Mothercare and Poundworld.
But new manager Robert Bradley is upbeat about the future and believes it is on the verge of a breakthrough.
You may also want to watch:
• Veeno - An authentic Italian wine café offering Sicilian wines and spuntini appetisers is one of the latest additions. The company was founded in 2013 by two Italian men in their 20s.
Their wines come from their family vineyard in Sicily and they offer Italian afternoon tea and wine tasting packages with wine included.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
Other venues include Stratford-Upon-Avon, Reading, Bristol and Manchester.
• Bourgee - The steak and lobster restaurant's first venue was on Southend's seafront. In April they closed three restaurants - including one in Bury St Edmunds - and the Norwich outlet is one of a wave of new eateries they promised to open at the time.
The concept of the restaurant is 'an unrivalled affordable luxury dining experience', according to its Twitter. Celebrity chef Mark Baumann designs all of the restaurant's menus.
• Babel - British-inspired restaurant Babel is owned by Faucet Inn, which has 15 pubs, bars and restaurants across the capital and south of England.
The menu includes flatbreads, burgers, pizzas and salads and a large selection of wines, beers and cocktails.