Thousands in Norfolk left without water
Sarah HallMore than a thousand homes and businesses were left without running water for more than 10 hours today (Sunday) after a water main burst on the A47.Sarah Hall
More than a thousand homes and businesses were left without running water for more than 10 hours today (Sunday) after a water main burst on the A47.
Mums turning on the tap to fill vases of flowers bought for them on Mothers' Day were met with only a trickle of water before the supply stopped completely in the Acle area just after 8am.
Bosses at Anglian Water managed to restore the water by 6pm, but apologised for the disruption, especially on such an important day.
A spokeswoman for Anglian Water said: 'There was a burst water main on the A47 at about 8am and around 1,500 properties were affected.
'The water started coming back into the mains at around 5pm. We took some samples and everything seemed to be fine.
'It was quite a large main which went and it was a difficult one to repair. We are apologetic to people who were affected, particularly with it being Mothers' Day.'
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 5 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 8 Bread Source confirms location of new store
- 9 'I thought it was a prank' - Steak house nominated for UK's best restaurant
- 10 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas