Thousands in Norfolk left without water
Sarah HallMore than a thousand homes and businesses were left without running water for more than 10 hours today (Sunday) after a water main burst on the A47.Sarah Hall
More than a thousand homes and businesses were left without running water for more than 10 hours today (Sunday) after a water main burst on the A47.
Mums turning on the tap to fill vases of flowers bought for them on Mothers' Day were met with only a trickle of water before the supply stopped completely in the Acle area just after 8am.
Bosses at Anglian Water managed to restore the water by 6pm, but apologised for the disruption, especially on such an important day.
A spokeswoman for Anglian Water said: 'There was a burst water main on the A47 at about 8am and around 1,500 properties were affected.
You may also want to watch:
'The water started coming back into the mains at around 5pm. We took some samples and everything seemed to be fine.
'It was quite a large main which went and it was a difficult one to repair. We are apologetic to people who were affected, particularly with it being Mothers' Day.'
- 1 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 2 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 5 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 6 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 7 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 8 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 9 Olives in Norwich launches cooked breakfast delivery service
- 10 More than 40pc of people in Norfolk have now had their first Covid jab