Thousands in Norfolk left without water
Sarah HallMore than a thousand homes and businesses were left without running water for more than 10 hours today (Sunday) after a water main burst on the A47.Sarah Hall
More than a thousand homes and businesses were left without running water for more than 10 hours today (Sunday) after a water main burst on the A47.
Mums turning on the tap to fill vases of flowers bought for them on Mothers' Day were met with only a trickle of water before the supply stopped completely in the Acle area just after 8am.
Bosses at Anglian Water managed to restore the water by 6pm, but apologised for the disruption, especially on such an important day.
A spokeswoman for Anglian Water said: 'There was a burst water main on the A47 at about 8am and around 1,500 properties were affected.
You may also want to watch:
'The water started coming back into the mains at around 5pm. We took some samples and everything seemed to be fine.
'It was quite a large main which went and it was a difficult one to repair. We are apologetic to people who were affected, particularly with it being Mothers' Day.'
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 10 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight