Thousands flock to wedding show event at Dunston Hall, near Norwich
Thousands of future brides and bridegrooms to be have been given the ideas and inspiration to complete their special day after attending Norfolk's wedding event of the year.
The Wedding Show, organised by Evening News sister paper the EDP, took place yesterday in the lavish surroundings of Dunston Hall, just south of Norwich.
The event provided people with hundreds of ideas to help make that big day extra special with everything from cakes, cars, dresses, wedding planners, jewellery and photographers on hand.
In total there were more than 80 experts from the industry at the Wedding Show, which included a designer room for the first time, who were happy to pass on their expertise and knowledge.
Paula Chambers, wedding and events manager at Archant Norfolk, said: 'We've had about 3,000 people from all over Norfolk and Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
'It's been superb, exceeded all expectations. It's been one of the best shows we've had - lots of brides and grooms - it's just been fabulous.'
Cheryl Wright, 32, from Norwich attended the event with her two children Alan, four, and Ryan, three, and husband-to-be Neil Turner, whom she will marry on September 1 next year.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 6 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
She said: 'It's been really good. There's lots of stalls and it's nice to see the cars. We came specifically with a couple of things in mind. Cars were one of the things we wanted to talk about.'
Caroline Cox, 27, from Sutton, near Stalham, was hoping to pick up some ideas for her wedding to fiance Peter Grime in September next year.
She said: 'It's been fantastic. I've got lots of ideas - things I hadn't even thought of.'
Kendell Mattocks, 25, from Norwich, who is to tie the knot in May, attended the event with her friend Louise Graves, 25. She said she got 'lots of ideas' from the show.
The wedding of William and Kate in April was still fresh in many people's minds with one visitor ordering five pairs of the children's shoes worn by youngsters at the Royal Wedding.
Claire Evans, from Suffolk-based bridalwear exhibitor Lavender and Jude, said she was delighted with the order, which came before the show even opened, and had been busy throughout the day.
To see a selection of recent weddings in our Love and Marriage section see page 24.