Community enjoy church event in the sunshine
- Credit: Submitted
A parish church has hailed the "great success" of an event which raised £1,350 as a community came together in the sunshine.
Thorpe St Andrew Parish Church's gardens were the setting as a pop-up plant sale was held last Saturday.
After Covid restrictions had meant a large fete could not go ahead at the Yarmouth Road venue, church members arranged a plant sale instead.
The Revd James Stewart said: "We are very blessed to have a beautiful garden by the river and we like to share it with our community as often as we can.
"The Covid-19 pandemic has given people the opportunity to appreciate green spaces and beautiful plants, so a plant sale on World Environment Day seemed very appropriate.
You may also want to watch:
"Everyone had a very happy time in the sunshine."
The £1,350 raised will be used for the work of mission and ministry in Thorpe, and to pay for items for the church garden.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week