Thorpe Sainsbury’s raise cash for Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association
Staff at the Sainsbury's in Thorpe St Andrew's store have kicked off their new charity partnership with the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA).
Staff and volunteers taking part in a red, white and blue themed bag pack to celebrate the beginning of the Olympics, as well as a dress-down day to fundraise for the charity.
The weekend raised a total of �584.47, adding to the �1694.69 that has already been raised through previous bag packing and store collections.
The SSAFA is the UK's oldest Armed Forces charity, and supports over 50,000 people in the Armed Forces community.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 4 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 8 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 9 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day