Thorpe Players hope to bring ‘Funny Things’ to audiences this week
Drama group the Thorpe Players have been busy rehearsing for their latest production A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum, which will take place in Thorpe St Andrew this week.
The bawdy musical comedy will feature music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart.
A spokesman for the Players said: 'Although to many on the surface we may appear as just another amateur dramatic group to members of Thorpe Players it is so much more.'
The group has been in existence for more than 40 years during which time many close friendships, relationships and even marriages have been formed.
The latest production tells the story of a slave named Pseudolus and his attempts to win his freedom by helping his young master win the heart of the 'girl next door'.
You may also want to watch:
The plot displays many classic elements of farce, including puns, fast moving action not to mention cases of mistaken identity.
With satirical comments on social class, the Players aim to have the audience laughing in their seats.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 6 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 7 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 8 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 9 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A11
- 10 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
The musical will take place from January 23-25 and January 30 until February 1 at the Roxley Hall, in Yarmouth Road.
Tickets are available on line at www.thorpe-players.co.uk or from the box office 01603 702777.