Thorpe Players hope to bring ‘Funny Things’ to audiences this week
Drama group the Thorpe Players have been busy rehearsing for their latest production A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum, which will take place in Thorpe St Andrew this week.
The bawdy musical comedy will feature music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart.
A spokesman for the Players said: 'Although to many on the surface we may appear as just another amateur dramatic group to members of Thorpe Players it is so much more.'
The group has been in existence for more than 40 years during which time many close friendships, relationships and even marriages have been formed.
The latest production tells the story of a slave named Pseudolus and his attempts to win his freedom by helping his young master win the heart of the 'girl next door'.
The plot displays many classic elements of farce, including puns, fast moving action not to mention cases of mistaken identity.
With satirical comments on social class, the Players aim to have the audience laughing in their seats.
- 1 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 2 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 7 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
The musical will take place from January 23-25 and January 30 until February 1 at the Roxley Hall, in Yarmouth Road.
Tickets are available on line at www.thorpe-players.co.uk or from the box office 01603 702777.