Thorpe Players hope to bring ‘Funny Things’ to audiences this week
Drama group the Thorpe Players have been busy rehearsing for their latest production A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum, which will take place in Thorpe St Andrew this week.
The bawdy musical comedy will feature music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart.
A spokesman for the Players said: 'Although to many on the surface we may appear as just another amateur dramatic group to members of Thorpe Players it is so much more.'
The group has been in existence for more than 40 years during which time many close friendships, relationships and even marriages have been formed.
The latest production tells the story of a slave named Pseudolus and his attempts to win his freedom by helping his young master win the heart of the 'girl next door'.
You may also want to watch:
The plot displays many classic elements of farce, including puns, fast moving action not to mention cases of mistaken identity.
With satirical comments on social class, the Players aim to have the audience laughing in their seats.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
The musical will take place from January 23-25 and January 30 until February 1 at the Roxley Hall, in Yarmouth Road.
Tickets are available on line at www.thorpe-players.co.uk or from the box office 01603 702777.