Thorpe man stole two pies and bottle of Coca Cola
A Thorpe St Andrew man was left with a bill for more than �200 after he was convicted of stealing two pies and a bottle of Coca Cola - worth �3.59 - from Mark's and Spencer in Norwich.
Robert White, 22, from The Denes, was stopped by security guards after he left the shop in Rampant Horse Street in the city centre on February 4.
After pleading guilty before city magistrates today he was fined �100 plus a �15 victims surcharge and was ordered to pay �85 costs and compensation of �3.59.
White, who represented himself in court, admitted that he knew it was wrong but that he had been with a friend at the time.
He also accepted he was in breach of a conditional discharge for three years given last year for false representation and theft.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the theft from M&S he was also on bail for an allegation of robbery for which he has been sent to the crown court.
District judge Philip Browning ordered that the conditional discharge continue.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 3 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 4 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 5 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced
- 6 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 7 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 8 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 9 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 10 Three cars smash into wall at petrol station as bosses take action