This week’s most commented story: Former Norwich striker Chris Martin wants new lease of life at Derby County
- Credit: Archant
This week the most commented story was that of Chris Martin wanting a new lease of life at Derby County.
Out of the 40 comments, here are just a few which stood out.
Click the link at the top right of the page to view the original story.
I saw Martin at Peterborough pre-season and he was average and lethargic. His progress wasn't stunted by lack of Premier League games or loan moves, as this article says, but because didn't have the talent and or application. He only scored twice in 13 games at Derby. I wish him all the best but if he had been that good he would have got more games and wouldn't have been loaned out!
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 7 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 8 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 9 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 10 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
Good luck Chris. He did score some vital goals. Always thought he would have been better in midfield. (cf Norman Whiteside) Beccles will miss you!
Chris Martin had it all on a plate. Lambo as his manager, Holty & Wessi as his mentors, and a modicum of talent. He had more chances than a game of Monopoly. Good luck to him anyway - from the Beccles & District LVA! ;-)
It is good to see him placed at the right level. He has been bubbling under the surface for the last few years, not quite able to make it for whatever reason. I hope that the ban for misbehaviour in the pub is now well behind him.
Memories are short guys! Watching videos again, and he HAS all the attributes except a drive and perhaps a footballing brain...watch holt give him ear advice when playing matches...Think he may end up doing very well if finally maturity or a special coach gets him to realise footy is also played without the ball...( ie taking a man wide, blind side runs) And add to this knowing when to fallback, we may see him finally realise that potential.