This week’s most commented story: Former Norwich striker Chris Martin wants new lease of life at Derby County
- Credit: Archant
This week the most commented story was that of Chris Martin wanting a new lease of life at Derby County.
Out of the 40 comments, here are just a few which stood out.
Click the link at the top right of the page to view the original story.
I saw Martin at Peterborough pre-season and he was average and lethargic. His progress wasn't stunted by lack of Premier League games or loan moves, as this article says, but because didn't have the talent and or application. He only scored twice in 13 games at Derby. I wish him all the best but if he had been that good he would have got more games and wouldn't have been loaned out!
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 5 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 6 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 7 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 8 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 9 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 10 5 of the best heated pub gardens in Norwich
Good luck Chris. He did score some vital goals. Always thought he would have been better in midfield. (cf Norman Whiteside) Beccles will miss you!
Chris Martin had it all on a plate. Lambo as his manager, Holty & Wessi as his mentors, and a modicum of talent. He had more chances than a game of Monopoly. Good luck to him anyway - from the Beccles & District LVA! ;-)
It is good to see him placed at the right level. He has been bubbling under the surface for the last few years, not quite able to make it for whatever reason. I hope that the ban for misbehaviour in the pub is now well behind him.
Memories are short guys! Watching videos again, and he HAS all the attributes except a drive and perhaps a footballing brain...watch holt give him ear advice when playing matches...Think he may end up doing very well if finally maturity or a special coach gets him to realise footy is also played without the ball...( ie taking a man wide, blind side runs) And add to this knowing when to fallback, we may see him finally realise that potential.