This week’s most commented story: Former Norwich striker Chris Martin wants new lease of life at Derby County
- Credit: Archant
This week the most commented story was that of Chris Martin wanting a new lease of life at Derby County.
Out of the 40 comments, here are just a few which stood out.
Click the link at the top right of the page to view the original story.
You may also want to watch:
I saw Martin at Peterborough pre-season and he was average and lethargic. His progress wasn't stunted by lack of Premier League games or loan moves, as this article says, but because didn't have the talent and or application. He only scored twice in 13 games at Derby. I wish him all the best but if he had been that good he would have got more games and wouldn't have been loaned out!
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 National tool firm opens third Norwich store
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
Good luck Chris. He did score some vital goals. Always thought he would have been better in midfield. (cf Norman Whiteside) Beccles will miss you!
Chris Martin had it all on a plate. Lambo as his manager, Holty & Wessi as his mentors, and a modicum of talent. He had more chances than a game of Monopoly. Good luck to him anyway - from the Beccles & District LVA! ;-)
It is good to see him placed at the right level. He has been bubbling under the surface for the last few years, not quite able to make it for whatever reason. I hope that the ban for misbehaviour in the pub is now well behind him.
Memories are short guys! Watching videos again, and he HAS all the attributes except a drive and perhaps a footballing brain...watch holt give him ear advice when playing matches...Think he may end up doing very well if finally maturity or a special coach gets him to realise footy is also played without the ball...( ie taking a man wide, blind side runs) And add to this knowing when to fallback, we may see him finally realise that potential.