Think Pink fundraiser to return to Norwich with a difference
A bi-annual fundraiser which has raised more than �75,000 for charity over the last decade is set to return to Norwich with a difference this year.
Every other year for the last 10 years, a group of businesswomen have hosted the Think Pink Ball to raise funds for a number of charities, including those which support breast cancer patients.
The Think Pink team will return this autumn but this year are hosting a gala dinner instead of a ball.
To be held on October 6 at the Open venue in Bank Plain, the event will have a West End Theme and will raise funds for Breakthrough Breast Cancer and Target Ovarian Cancer.
It is hoped it will push their total fundraising efforts to �100,000.
Sarah Softley, chairman of the Think Pink committee, said: 'We have decided to do something a little different for Think Pink 2012. It is our 10th anniversary and we want to give guests the opportunity to join us for an evening with a difference. So when Sarah [Mintey, principal of The Open Youth Trust] kindly donated the Open building, with its stunning stage and state-of-the-art sound and lighting system, the idea of a West End themed gala dinner just fell into place.'
The fundraiser will once again be sponsored by city call centre OpenContact and will be run by stalwart committee members Mrs Softley, her daughter Laura Softley, independent businesswoman Ruth Thurston and Anna Stevenson, owner of The Mill Caf� Bar and Restaurant in Yaxham, near Dereham. Ms Mintey, Susan Latham-Flynn, head of sales for www.tickles.co.uk and events executive Emma Rudd have also joined the team.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 8 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
Sponsors and supporters are still needed for this year's event. To find out more and for tickets, call Mrs Softley on 01362 857191.
Are you holding a fundraising event? Call Kate Scotter on 01603 772326.