The Wombats are coming to Norwich to headline the UEA
- Credit: The Wombats
English rock band The Wombats are coming to Norwich on March 25, 2018 to headline the UEA.
Not only have they released their 2018 tour dates, The Wombats have announced full details of their fourth studio album, 'Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life', due for release February 9 2018.
This upcoming album will see The Wombats continuing to assert themselves as one of the biggest and best guitar pop sensations of our time.
Written from three corners of the globe – drummer Dan Haggis in London, bassist Tord Øverland Knudsen in Oslo and frontman Matthew 'Murph' Murphy in Los Angeles – 'Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life' was created over long distance writing sessions, supplemented by intense two-week in-person sessions in Oslo.
With the addition of producers Mark Crew (Bastille & Rag'n'Bone Man) and Catherine Marks (Wolf Alice), the album finds The Wombats pushing the boundaries of alt-pop innovation with a lush, ultramodern indie soundscape wrapped in Blade Runner synths, future grooves, celestial solos and space age melodies.
You may also want to watch:
'I wanted to make an album that had more swagger, was a bit more laid back, something that wasn't punching you in the face every time you listen to it,' explained Murph. 'On every level, musically and interpersonally, we're much closer.'
With 2015's album 'Glitterbug' hitting the UK's Top 5 Album charts, it's easy to see why Annie Mac premiered newest single 'Lemon To a Knife Fight' as her 'Hottest Record' on BBC Radio 1. It's a song that rides a push-pull rollercoaster of euphoria and desperation, delivered with the band's signature animation and wit.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Power cut hits almost 1,000 homes in Norwich
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
'Lemon to a Knife Fight came around after my wife and I had a huge argument on Mulholland Drive. I'd been watching tons of David Lynch too, the song just kind of fell out of me,' said Murphy.
Together, the Liverpool-formed trio have created a record that's still instantly sing-along but demands to be taken seriously.
UK headline dates:
March 16 – Cardiff The Great Hall
March 17 - Sheffield O2 Academy
March 19 - Aberdeen Beach Ballroom
March 20 - Newcastle O2 Academy
March 21 - Nottingham Rock City
March 23 - Birmingham O2 Institute
March 25 – Norwich The Nick Rayns LCR, UEA
March 28 - Bristol O2 Academy
March 29 - Southampton O2 Guildhall