The Thinking Men, Bag of Cans and Gladboy are set to perform a joint headline Norwich show
- Credit: © KIM STOCKLEY PHOTOGRAPHY
The Thinking Men, Bag of Cans and Gladboy, all fronted by UEA students, are set to perform a joint headline show at OPEN in Norwich on March 9.
With a show promoted by the bands themselves, The Thinking Men are one of the three groups set to take centre stage at OPEN.
They have been described as 'one of the most original and authentic bands on the scene today' with their live performances serving up foot stomping anthems - something that often entices the audience into a frenzy.
Returning once again to their 'spiritual home', The Thinking Men will be playing and releasing some of their new music on the night.
Joining The Thinking Men as headliners are the recent winners of the 2018 LiveWire Battle of the Bands, Norwich indie rock band Bag of Cans.
You may also want to watch:
Having played previously in Norwich, Colchester and London, the band is known for their raucous riffs, terrific theatrics and endless energy.
Bag of Cans have their sights set on making this show one of their most explosive yet.
- 1 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 2 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 3 Fashion chain's £50,000 debt written off
- 4 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 5 Man killed and three wounded in multiple stabbing
- 6 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 7 Neighbours left shocked by fatal stabbing in 'quiet neighbourhood'
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 Man hiding in bathroom arrested after police find drugs at city home
- 10 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
Six-piece Norwich group Gladboy are the final band on the bill for OPEN's joint headline show.
Having originally started out as a trio, Gladboy have brought their lo-fi garage noise with a doo-wop edge to venues all across the city before adding tambourine, synth and trombone to form the six-piece that stands today.
Not only have they quickly become one of Norwich's most intriguing upcoming bands, they have also landed supporting slots for the likes of The Regrettes, Brix & The Extricated, Willie J Healey and L.A. glam rock sensations Starcrawler.
• Tickets to the show on March 9 are available for £7 advance from OPEN's website