Landlady who renovated The Stanley NR3 leaving to transform another Norwich pub
- Credit: Archant
A popular Norwich landlady has decided to leave The Stanley NR3 after transforming its fortunes and she is now taking on another city pub and restoring its former name.
Rose Hanison, 35, has been at the helm of The Stanley NR3 in Magdalen Road since July 2018 and has breathed life back into the building with a full renovation and food menu, including their popular Sunday roasts.
Miss Hanison has also run The Black Horse in Earlham Road since 2015 which is owned by Punch Pubs & Co and they later invited her to take on The Stanley Arms too.
She has now decided to leave The Stanley NR3, which it was renamed to, and is the new landlady at independently-owned pub The Earlham, in the former home of Mr Pickwick’s, just a stone’s throw from The Black Horse.
Miss Hanison said: “I spoke to Punch Pubs in mid-February and explained that I had taken on the lease of The Earlham and three pubs for one person was a big undertaking.
You may also want to watch:
“Although I made the decision then I couldn’t sort anything because of coronavirus.
“It is getting changed back to The Earlham as it is a long-standing and established name that resonates with everyone and I’m going to take inspiration from what I did at The Stanley and expand it.”
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 7 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 8 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 9 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 10 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
The refurbishment is currently underway and Miss Hanison is hoping it will be ready to open in September.
Since its launch in 1974, the pub has traded under a number of names which are The Schoolhouse, The Fountain, Hoofers, The Pickwick, which was revived last year as Mr Pickwick’s as part of a rebrand, and it was The Earlham Arms from 2011 to 2019.
Meanwhile at The Stanley NR3 it is a good news for regulars as manager David Frost-Roylance will be the new landlord, who Miss Hanison says is “the heart and soul” of the pub.
Miss Hanison added: “Our customers are so excited he is taking it on and I look forward to joining them on the other side of the bar.”