The Sherlocks are set to headline The Waterfront on their biggest UK tour to date
- Credit: The Sherlocks
Traditional indie rock band The Sherlocks will be headling The Waterfront on February 2, 2018.
Following the recent success of their debut album, 'Live For The Moment', The Sherlocks are set to embark on their biggest UK headline tour to date in February 2018.
The album was released on August 18 and received fantastic critical reviews, entering the official UK charts at #6, which is an outstanding achievement for a debut album.
To coincide with their album celebrations, The Sherlocks performed an energetic set the same weekend at Leeds & Reading festivals to thousands of fans.
More recently, they have released a brand new single on November 3 titled 'Will You Be There' which is an infectious indie dancefloor filler with lively drumming, powerful guitar riffs and an instantly catchy chorus.
You may also want to watch:
'It's about the notion of when you're doing well & everybody wants to know you, as opposed to when you're going through a rough time and people jump off board and forget you. We're asking who will be the ones still there because they truly believe in what we're doing? 'Will You Be There' seemed like the title to sum the whole thing up,' explained drummer Brandon Crook
Sheffield four-piece have been relentlessly touring, joining the likes of Kings Of Leon and Richard Ashcroft as the main support on their arena tours, as well as numerous festival dates.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
The band, consisting of two sets of brothers, have been steadily building a solid live following and were the first unsigned band since Arctic Monkeys to sell out their local venue the Sheffield Leadmill.
With support from the likes of Steve Lamacq, Annie Mac, Mistajam & Huw Stephens, The Sherlocks have been earning excellent live reviews up and down the country and even selling out multiple venues this year.
2018 UK tour dates:
February 1 - O2 Academy in Leicester
February 2 - The Waterfront in Norwich
February 3 - O2 Academy in Oxford
February 6 - The Old Fire Station in Bournemouth
February 7 - Wedgwood Rooms in Portsmouth
February 9 - Electric Ballroom in London
February 11 - Tramshed in Cardiff
February 13 - Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh
February 14 - The Empire in Middlesbrough
February 15 - Hull University Students Union in Hull
February 16 - Victoria Warehouse in Manchester