The Saturdays to play Thetford Forest
Ian ClarkeThey're certainly a band on the Up. And girl group The Saturdays are the latest act to be announced for this summer's Thetford Forest gig line-up.Ian Clarke
They're certainly a band on the Up.
And girl group The Saturdays are the latest act to be announced for this summer's Thetford Forest gig line-up.
Frankie, Mollie, Rochelle, Una and Vanessa formed the band in 2007 and have already had two albums and released seven singles, six of which have reached the top 10 in the UK.
The band has supported Girls Aloud and the Jonas Brothers and Up, Issues, If This is Love, Work, and Ego are among their best known songs.
They will be appearing at the High Lodge Forest Centre in Thetford Forest on Friday July 9.
Commenting on the date for The Saturdays, Mollie King said: 'We've never played a gig in a forest before - I feel like Maid Marian. It sounds like fun and we are really looking forward to it, I'll keep an eye out for Robin Hood!'
- 1 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops
- 4 Norwich family heart-broken to find charity plants stolen
- 5 Restaurant loses walk-in trade after months of roadworks
- 6 Three-vehicle crash closes part of A47 near Norwich
- 7 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 8 Teenager holding knife chases boy along city road
- 9 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 10 Revealed: All the city road closures for Run Norwich
Their gig will be in the second half of the High Lodge summer series and two other dates are planned on July 8 and 10.
The first half line-up has already been confirmed with Keane on June 10, Simply Red on June 11 and Doves on June 12.
*Tickets for The Saturdays go on sale on Friday and cost �26.50 (subject to booking fee).
Box Office 01842 814612 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music. Tickets are also available from EDP offices or online at www.EDP24.co.uk.