The Saturdays confirmed for Thetford
Simon ParkinPop hit makers The Saturdays are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year, penciled in to appear on July 9.Simon Parkin
The Saturdays are the latest headline act to be confirmed for the line-up of summer concerts in Thetford Forest this year, penciled in to appear on July 9.
In less than two years, a combination of nifty, killer tunes, super-tight performances and pure, hard graft has taken The Saturdays - Frankie Sandford, Mollie King, Rochelle Wiseman, Una Healy and Vanessa White - from bright-eyed pop ing�nues to permanent fixtures on the UK charts.
Hit singles Forever Is Over and Ego from their latest album Wordshaker followed fast on the heels of hits like Up, Issues, If This Is Love and Work from their platinum debut, Chasing Lights.
The prospect of the headlining date at the High Lodge venue has got the pop outfit excited.
You may also want to watch:
Mollie King said: 'We've never played a gig in a forest before - I feel like Maid Marian. It sounds like fun and we are really looking forward to it, I'll keep an eye out for Robin Hood!'
Other headliners already announced for Thetford Forest this summer are Keane on June 10, Simply Red on June 11 and Doves on June 12.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 5 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
t Tickets, priced �26.50 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on January 29 from the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music