The Saturdays announce UEA date
Simon ParkinGirl band The Saturdays, currently in the charts with the Comic Relief single, are to appear at the UEA in June as part of their first headline tour of the UK.Simon Parkin
Girl band The Saturdays are to appear at the UEA in June as part of their first headline tour of the UK.
Tickets go sale tomorrow for the five-strong band which is due to perform on June 10.
The five-some - Rochelle, Vanessa, Mollie, Una and Frankie - are also about to head off on tour with Girls Aloud ahead of the release of their first single If This Is Love.
The Saturdays are one of the success stories of the last year.
In nine months, they have had four top 10 singles and a top 10 album. Their current single, Just Can't Get Enough - in aid of Comic Relief - looks like being the girls' biggest hit to date.
Their debut album, Chasing Lights, has now gone platinum.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 8 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
'I can't believe we are about to go out on our first very own tour,' says Una Healy. 'We hadn't even released our debut single this time last year and nobody knew us. So many great things have happened and we can't wait to go out and perform on our own headline tour.'
The band are unashamedly pop.
Rochelle said: 'Why are people ashamed of pop? Everyone's taking themselves so seriously at the moment. We're a proper, full-on girl band and we're loving it.'
t Tickets go on sale at 9am tomorrow. To book: 01603 508050, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk