The Saturdays announce UEA date
Simon ParkinGirl band The Saturdays, currently in the charts with the Comic Relief single, are to appear at the UEA in June as part of their first headline tour of the UK.Simon Parkin
Girl band The Saturdays are to appear at the UEA in June as part of their first headline tour of the UK.
Tickets go sale tomorrow for the five-strong band which is due to perform on June 10.
The five-some - Rochelle, Vanessa, Mollie, Una and Frankie - are also about to head off on tour with Girls Aloud ahead of the release of their first single If This Is Love.
The Saturdays are one of the success stories of the last year.
You may also want to watch:
In nine months, they have had four top 10 singles and a top 10 album. Their current single, Just Can't Get Enough - in aid of Comic Relief - looks like being the girls' biggest hit to date.
Their debut album, Chasing Lights, has now gone platinum.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
'I can't believe we are about to go out on our first very own tour,' says Una Healy. 'We hadn't even released our debut single this time last year and nobody knew us. So many great things have happened and we can't wait to go out and perform on our own headline tour.'
The band are unashamedly pop.
Rochelle said: 'Why are people ashamed of pop? Everyone's taking themselves so seriously at the moment. We're a proper, full-on girl band and we're loving it.'
t Tickets go on sale at 9am tomorrow. To book: 01603 508050, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk