The Norwich guide to getting the Nearly Nude look
If neon makeup colours shock rather than pop, take heart in the fact that there is an antidote to this colour-pop trend. Emma Harrowing shows you how to get the natural Nearly Nude look.
Neon pink, yellow, orange and blue are on the makeup radar this year, as the trend for colour-blocking reaches an all-time high. A neon orange lip or a neon yellow and blue eye may seem daunting to some, so those afraid of colour on their face will be pleased to know that barely-there makeup is still a fashion trend.
Urban Decay in Debenhams launched its Naked palette of 12 taupe eye shadows and a lip gloss last week ahead of the official launch of the palette next month. Laura Mercier in Jarrold continues its signature flawless face look with its flawless face kits and a new romantic Lingerie collection for 2012 which features barely there pinks and browns. And Bobbi Brown in House of Fraser launches its Neon and Nudes look for 2012, which combines a naked face with an accent of neon colour on the lips or eyes for those who cannot decide which beauty trend they like best.
Achieving a barely there make-up look takes a little time, but is simple to do. Grooming and preparation is important so make sure your eyebrows are shaped and tamed and your skin and lips moisturised so that your make-up glides on and gives a natural finish.
First find a foundation that matches your skin colour – many make-up artists agree that a mineral powder makeup gives the best natural looking coverage. Then cover up any blemishes or dark circles with concealer.
Add natural colour to your face by using a soft pink or peach blusher or a bronzer. Apply with a brush to the apples of your cheeks and blend upwards and outwards along your cheekbones to your hairline. Blend to create a natural looking flushed cheek.
For your eyes, pick any two brown shades, ideally one light and one mid brown. Apply the lighter shade across your eyelid taking the colour up to your eye crease. Then apply the darker shade from the middle of your lid to the outer edge and blend. If you want to wear eyeliner to define your eyes stick to brown and apply it only along the top lash line as close to your lashes as possible. Finish the eyes with a coat of brown or brown/black mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- 1 'Grossly overpopulated': Fears over new 725 homes plan for city
- 2 New homes plan on woodland will cause 'irreversible' damage, locals warn
- 3 Barbecue takeaway finally reopens after 'pile of issues' with building
- 4 Christmas train with tunnel of lights running at Norwich park
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I caught the dreaded Covid' says music legend after cancelled city gig
- 7 No arrests made after brutal attack which left girls with 'mental scars'
- 8 Why Heartsease is now city's sought-after suburb
- 9 See inside this Grade II listed cottage with 2-bed annexe near Norwich
- 10 Festive vintage bus offering free rides around Norwich this Christmas
Complete the look with a touch of colour on your lips. Try a tinted lip balm which will leave lips looking smooth and natural.
Life Matters has picked some of its favourite products to help you get the Nearly Nude look, Click on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page to find out what they are.