The New European - a new paper from the owners of the Evening News for the 48pc who voted to Remain - launches this week
- Credit: Archant
The owners of the Evening News are launching a new national newspaper aimed at the 48pc who voted to Remain in the EU.
The New European will be published on July 8 and will cost £2. The 'pop-up' paper took just nine days to get into newsagents after being conceived. It will initially run for just four issues, with any further print runs to be decided by reader interest.
The New European is not aligned with old political divisions but with an enthusiasm and love for Europe; a new quality newspaper that gives voice to the values of the 48pc.
The New European will provide in-depth analysis of the Brexit process, its implications and progress as well as a celebration of European life and culture with contributions from some of the most respected journalists and opinion formers from the UK and Europe.
We will celebrate both the highbrow and the fun with exciting features and news on cultural, fashion and artistic events across the UK and the continent and inspiring articles on how to get out there and enjoy them.
The New European - a cosmopolitan, optimistic, intelligent and expansive collection of news, analysis, voices, sport, culture, business, travel and the arts - celebrates the best of Europe.
Matt Kelly, chief content officer of Archant and launch editor of the New European, said: 'We are currently in an extraordinary period of time in the UK, with all of society seemingly in a state of flux and turmoil. I believe the 48pc who voted to Remain are not well served by the traditional press and think there is a clear opportunity for a newspaper people will want to read and carry the New European like a badge of honour.
'It will upset Michael Gove to hear that we value very highly expertise and have some of the world's best brains in their areas writing for us. And it is also a politician-free zone. They are banned.'
- 1 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 2 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 7 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
The paper's retail distribution would be focused on London, Liverpool, Manchester, the south of England, 'and other strongly Remain-voting areas'.
Click here to pre-order your copy today for just £2 with free postage & packing
(*UK only, postage fee will be charged for Europe or ROW)