Pub in Norwich named one of best places to watch World Cup in UK
- Credit: Steve Adams
A popular Norwich pub has been named one of the best watering holes in the country to watch this year's World Cup.
The Murderers, on Timber Hill, made the top 10 in a list compiled by Budweiser UK and MatchPint of the nation's pubs with the best all round viewing experience.
Philip Cutter, landlord of The Murderers, said: 'We're really lucky, the atmosphere we create is really good. The picture quality is potentially the best in the city with our 4K TVs and our sound goes through the PA system so everyone can hear.
'We have enough bar staff to offer prompt service and of course good quality beer. There's even TVs in the toilets so patrons don't have to miss a moment of the action.
'It's easy to watch the football at home but you won't ever get the same atmosphere as you do in the pub.'
You may also want to watch:
The pub has also changed its name to The Harry for the summer to support the England team, captained by Harry Kane.
The World Cup kicks off on June 14 with Russia taking on Saudi Arabia.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 6 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 7 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears