The Lanes show off the latest trends at Norwich Fashion Week 2013
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
International labels combine with Made In Norwich for a spectacular show at Norwich Arts Centre. Welcome to Norwich Lanes Fashion. By EMMA HARROWING
Independent shops and businesses in Norwich Lanes came together to host the second catwalk show of Norwich Fashion Week at the Norwich Arts Centre.
Renowned for its cutting-edge style the boutiques in Norwich Lanes proved how fashion-forward they can be with set after set of style inspiration.
Taking to the catwalk were Catfish, Philip Browne, Elements, Drug Store, Dogfish and Seven Wolves, Prim, Goldfinches, with hair sets by Flint and The Egg.
International brands Vivienne Westwood and Paper London also had a collection in the show. Both labels are or have been stocked in Philip Browne. Paper London came to Norwich to host a pop-up shop earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The show was sponsored by Norwich beauty bloggers Pixiwoo and their new beauty magazine TWO.
The show also highlighted the next generation designer in Norwich with two collections from first- and second-year fashion degree students from the Norwich University of the Arts (NUA).
- 1 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 2 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 6 'Turn up!' Groomer's plea to no-show pet owners
- 7 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 8 'More of a service than a business': Bid to turn pub into local shop
- 9 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 10 A look at the faces behind Norwich Market
The first collection took second-hand clothes from charity shop Cancer Research UK, which were deconstructed and reconstructed to create new outfits.
In particular a man's shirt was turned upside down and made into a smock with the cups from a bra forming pockets and the lace from the under garment giving detail to the design.
The second collection from the students involved tailoring techniques in the form of intricate jackets. From jackets inspired by the Second World War and the 1940s to a jacket designed in the colours of the university's colours, the NUA students proved that they have what it takes to become the next fashion designers.
You can see all the pictures from the Norwich Lanes Fashion Show by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.
Follow our live Norwich Fashion Week blog by clicking the link above and join in by using the hashtag #nwchfw on Twitter.
Take a look at Mustard TV to see some footage from the Norwich Lanes Show www.mustardtv.co.uk
Keep reading your Evening News over the next week for more news and highlights from some of the shows and events taking place throughout Norwich Fashion Week. A full review of the Norwich Lanes fashion show and events over the weekend will be in your Evening News on Monday.