The Human League for Thetford
Simon ParkinEighties electro-pop survivors The Human League have been announced as the final headlining act for this year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.Simon Parkin
Eighties electro-pop survivors The Human League have been announced as the final headlining act for this year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.
Fronted by lead vocalist Philip Oakey and backing singers Joanne Catherall and Susan Sulley, the Sheffield band were one of the pioneers of the electro-pop sound when they emerged in the early-80s.
They scored a string of hits like Mirror Man, Louise, The Lebanon, Human, Love Action (I Believe In Love), and (Keep Feeling) Fascination.
Their million-selling classic single Don't You Want Me brought transatlantic number one success and the album from which it was taken, Dare, became an essential part of the record collection for a whole generation of pop fans.
Peter Rawlinson for the Forestry Commission, who organise the series of summer shows, said, 'I am delighted we have secured The Human League as part of this year's live music programme. They are the defining act of their genre and with their stack of hits this should provide a real 'friends reunited' night out.'
Other Thetford headliners already announced include an already sold-out appearance by Paul Weller on June 5, Jools Holland on June 6, David Gray on July 10 and the Sugarbabes on July 11.
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 4 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 8 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 9 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
- 10 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
t Tickets for The Human League are priced �29.50 (subject to booking fee) and will go on sale from 9am on March 13. 01842 814612, www.forestry.gov.uk/music
t Tickets for all Thetford Forest concerts are also available via www.eveningnews24.co.uk/shop