The Human League for Thetford
Simon ParkinEighties electro-pop survivors The Human League have been announced as the final headlining act for this year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.Simon Parkin
Eighties electro-pop survivors The Human League have been announced as the final headlining act for this year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.
Fronted by lead vocalist Philip Oakey and backing singers Joanne Catherall and Susan Sulley, the Sheffield band were one of the pioneers of the electro-pop sound when they emerged in the early-80s.
They scored a string of hits like Mirror Man, Louise, The Lebanon, Human, Love Action (I Believe In Love), and (Keep Feeling) Fascination.
Their million-selling classic single Don't You Want Me brought transatlantic number one success and the album from which it was taken, Dare, became an essential part of the record collection for a whole generation of pop fans.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Rawlinson for the Forestry Commission, who organise the series of summer shows, said, 'I am delighted we have secured The Human League as part of this year's live music programme. They are the defining act of their genre and with their stack of hits this should provide a real 'friends reunited' night out.'
Other Thetford headliners already announced include an already sold-out appearance by Paul Weller on June 5, Jools Holland on June 6, David Gray on July 10 and the Sugarbabes on July 11.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 7 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 8 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 9 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 10 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
t Tickets for The Human League are priced �29.50 (subject to booking fee) and will go on sale from 9am on March 13. 01842 814612, www.forestry.gov.uk/music
t Tickets for all Thetford Forest concerts are also available via www.eveningnews24.co.uk/shop