The Human League for Thetford
Simon ParkinEighties electro-pop survivors The Human League have been announced as the final headlining act for this year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.Simon Parkin
Eighties electro-pop survivors The Human League have been announced as the final headlining act for this year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.
Fronted by lead vocalist Philip Oakey and backing singers Joanne Catherall and Susan Sulley, the Sheffield band were one of the pioneers of the electro-pop sound when they emerged in the early-80s.
They scored a string of hits like Mirror Man, Louise, The Lebanon, Human, Love Action (I Believe In Love), and (Keep Feeling) Fascination.
Their million-selling classic single Don't You Want Me brought transatlantic number one success and the album from which it was taken, Dare, became an essential part of the record collection for a whole generation of pop fans.
Peter Rawlinson for the Forestry Commission, who organise the series of summer shows, said, 'I am delighted we have secured The Human League as part of this year's live music programme. They are the defining act of their genre and with their stack of hits this should provide a real 'friends reunited' night out.'
Other Thetford headliners already announced include an already sold-out appearance by Paul Weller on June 5, Jools Holland on June 6, David Gray on July 10 and the Sugarbabes on July 11.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 3 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 4 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 5 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road
- 6 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 7 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 8 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 9 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 10 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
t Tickets for The Human League are priced �29.50 (subject to booking fee) and will go on sale from 9am on March 13. 01842 814612, www.forestry.gov.uk/music
t Tickets for all Thetford Forest concerts are also available via www.eveningnews24.co.uk/shop