The Human League for Thetford
Simon ParkinEighties electro-pop survivors The Human League have been announced as the final headlining act for this year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.Simon Parkin
Eighties electro-pop survivors The Human League have been announced as the final headlining act for this year's series of concerts in Thetford Forest.
Fronted by lead vocalist Philip Oakey and backing singers Joanne Catherall and Susan Sulley, the Sheffield band were one of the pioneers of the electro-pop sound when they emerged in the early-80s.
They scored a string of hits like Mirror Man, Louise, The Lebanon, Human, Love Action (I Believe In Love), and (Keep Feeling) Fascination.
Their million-selling classic single Don't You Want Me brought transatlantic number one success and the album from which it was taken, Dare, became an essential part of the record collection for a whole generation of pop fans.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Rawlinson for the Forestry Commission, who organise the series of summer shows, said, 'I am delighted we have secured The Human League as part of this year's live music programme. They are the defining act of their genre and with their stack of hits this should provide a real 'friends reunited' night out.'
Other Thetford headliners already announced include an already sold-out appearance by Paul Weller on June 5, Jools Holland on June 6, David Gray on July 10 and the Sugarbabes on July 11.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 3 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 4 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 5 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 9 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 10 Praise for city's welcoming spirit after 'phenomenal' Norwich Pride
t Tickets for The Human League are priced �29.50 (subject to booking fee) and will go on sale from 9am on March 13. 01842 814612, www.forestry.gov.uk/music
t Tickets for all Thetford Forest concerts are also available via www.eveningnews24.co.uk/shop