Country and Americana duo The Handsome Family are playing in Norwich this month
- Credit: Brandon Soder
Americana outfit The Handsome Family from Albuquerque, New Mexico return to the city following their sell-out appearance at Norwich Arts Centre last year to headline The Waterfront on March 20.
Fronted by husband and wife Brett and Rennie Sparks, the group have gained an international following with their poetic, witty and often dark music and lyrics.
Their fans include Ringo Starr and Bruce Springsteen while Jeff Tweedy, Amanda Palmer, Cerys Matthews, Christy Moore and Andrew Bird have all covered their songs.
In 2015 their song Far From Any Road became the theme tune to HBO Drama True Detective. The following year they released highly acclaimed album, Unseen, which explored the unseen stories, people and places of the American west. Mojo declared it the band's masterpiece.
This extensive UK tour marks the 20th anniversary of their break-through album Through The Trees – a self-produced record made in an abandoned warehouse in Chicago.
You may also want to watch:
The band will be playing the album in its entirety along with other Handsome Family favourites.
Tickets to the show in Norwich are available from the UEA Box Office for £17.50 advance.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults