Country and Americana duo The Handsome Family are playing in Norwich this month
- Credit: Brandon Soder
Americana outfit The Handsome Family from Albuquerque, New Mexico return to the city following their sell-out appearance at Norwich Arts Centre last year to headline The Waterfront on March 20.
Fronted by husband and wife Brett and Rennie Sparks, the group have gained an international following with their poetic, witty and often dark music and lyrics.
Their fans include Ringo Starr and Bruce Springsteen while Jeff Tweedy, Amanda Palmer, Cerys Matthews, Christy Moore and Andrew Bird have all covered their songs.
In 2015 their song Far From Any Road became the theme tune to HBO Drama True Detective. The following year they released highly acclaimed album, Unseen, which explored the unseen stories, people and places of the American west. Mojo declared it the band's masterpiece.
This extensive UK tour marks the 20th anniversary of their break-through album Through The Trees – a self-produced record made in an abandoned warehouse in Chicago.
You may also want to watch:
The band will be playing the album in its entirety along with other Handsome Family favourites.
Tickets to the show in Norwich are available from the UEA Box Office for £17.50 advance.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?