The Feeling head to Norwich to perform Twelve Stops And Home
- Credit: Tom Oxley
The chartopping soft-rocking five-piece will be performing their enormously successful debut album in full at the UEA LCR in October as part of their first tour in two years.
The Feeling are set to perform their celebrated million-selling debut album Twelve Stops And Home in Norwich as part of the band's first tour for over two years.
Following the success of an intimate performance at London's Apollo Theatre at the weekend, which sold out in under a minute, the band will play the UEA LCR on October 17. Tickets go on sale at 9am on April 20.
The enormously successful, soft rocking five-piece, made up of Dan Gillespie Sells, Richard Jones, Kevin Jeremiah, Ciaran Jeremiah and Paul Stewart, originally formered as a covers band doing the Alpine ski circuit. Their sound revived the MOR rock and sun-kissed, 1970s-inspired, FM balladry that was once released by the likes of Supertramp and ELO.
Twelve Stops And Home - named after the Piccadilly Line journey from Leicester Square to Gillespie Sells' home stop of Bounds Green - was originally released in 2006. Despite being largely self-recorded in the garden shed of Ciaran and Kevin Jeremiah's parents' Sussex home, the album was a hit-the-ground-running masterpiece of fiercely infectious, life-affirming pop.
You may also want to watch:
Five of the album's big-hearted and velcro-catchy songs became bona fide hit singles (Sewn, Fill My Little World, Never Be Lonely, Rose and Love It When You Call), helping the band to become the most-played act on British radio in 2006, and earning them the Ivor Novello Award for Songwriters of the Year.
He said: 'I'm so excited to be playing with the band again. To be performing an album that has always meant so much to me is going to be quite an experience. What a party it's going to be!'
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 4 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 7 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
The band will be back in live action following Dan Gillespie Sells hugely successful sideline writing the music for the Oliver-award nominated West End musical Everybody's Talking About Jamie.
Ahead of the tour Twelve Stops And Home is being re-issued having been newly mastered from the original tapes. It is being released as a deluxe 3CD and DVD digibook, and a limited edition double yellow vinyl.
• The Feeling will play the UEA LCR on October 17, £25, 01603 508050, ueaticketbookings.co.uk