The Feeling head to Norwich to perform Twelve Stops And Home
- Credit: Tom Oxley
The chartopping soft-rocking five-piece will be performing their enormously successful debut album in full at the UEA LCR in October as part of their first tour in two years.
The Feeling are set to perform their celebrated million-selling debut album Twelve Stops And Home in Norwich as part of the band's first tour for over two years.
Following the success of an intimate performance at London's Apollo Theatre at the weekend, which sold out in under a minute, the band will play the UEA LCR on October 17. Tickets go on sale at 9am on April 20.
The enormously successful, soft rocking five-piece, made up of Dan Gillespie Sells, Richard Jones, Kevin Jeremiah, Ciaran Jeremiah and Paul Stewart, originally formered as a covers band doing the Alpine ski circuit. Their sound revived the MOR rock and sun-kissed, 1970s-inspired, FM balladry that was once released by the likes of Supertramp and ELO.
Twelve Stops And Home - named after the Piccadilly Line journey from Leicester Square to Gillespie Sells' home stop of Bounds Green - was originally released in 2006. Despite being largely self-recorded in the garden shed of Ciaran and Kevin Jeremiah's parents' Sussex home, the album was a hit-the-ground-running masterpiece of fiercely infectious, life-affirming pop.
You may also want to watch:
Five of the album's big-hearted and velcro-catchy songs became bona fide hit singles (Sewn, Fill My Little World, Never Be Lonely, Rose and Love It When You Call), helping the band to become the most-played act on British radio in 2006, and earning them the Ivor Novello Award for Songwriters of the Year.
He said: 'I'm so excited to be playing with the band again. To be performing an album that has always meant so much to me is going to be quite an experience. What a party it's going to be!'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 10 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
The band will be back in live action following Dan Gillespie Sells hugely successful sideline writing the music for the Oliver-award nominated West End musical Everybody's Talking About Jamie.
Ahead of the tour Twelve Stops And Home is being re-issued having been newly mastered from the original tapes. It is being released as a deluxe 3CD and DVD digibook, and a limited edition double yellow vinyl.
• The Feeling will play the UEA LCR on October 17, £25, 01603 508050, ueaticketbookings.co.uk